Idaho Chapter of HIMSS - About Us
Welcome to the Idaho Chapter (IHIMSS) of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS).
IHIMSS provides statewide leadership for the advancement and management of healthcare information and technology.
Collectively, HIMSS represents more than 45,000 individual members across the country - with UHIMSS encompassing over 350 healthcare IT professionals - including CEOs, Presidents, CIOs, Vice Presidents, Directors and other IT professionals.
IHIMSS is dedicated to improving Healthcare IT locally through advocacy, collaboration and education, and to promote quality patient care throughout the state of Utah.
HIMSS Vision: To provide the highest value for lifelong learning in the areas of health care information, technology and change.
HIMSS Mission: HIMSS is a not-for-profit organization representing information and management systems professionals in healthcare, serving our members, our customers, and our industry by providing leadership, education, and networking.
HIMSS Values: We value an organized exchange of experiences among a diverse membership. We promote personal and professional growth. We are committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. We add value to our organizations and industry with improved performance, quality and innovation. HIMSS represents over 12,000 individual leaders in four professional areas:
Clinical Systems professionals provide a valuable link between technology and healthcare delivery by providing:
- databases rich in clinical protocols, tested and constructed to include the best practices
- assistance to caregivers to create clinical pathways that are individual for each patient/procedure type
- benchmark capabilities enabling out come measurement and continual improvement of delivery practices
Information Systems professionals use computer technology to provide information to improve decision making for all functions of providers including:
- clinical decision making
- patient care information
- billing, finance, and budgets
- inventory control
- total quality management training and facilitation
- operations and productivity analysis
- facility planning and management
- forecasting and cost-benefit analysis
- dispatch systems for code and trauma teams
- telehealth systems
- in- and outgoing telephone calls and wireless communication systems
- voice processing and nurse call systems
- network integration, application development, and telecommunication services for voice, data, and video technologies