Factors for a Successful COVID-19 Vaccination Program
8AM PST / 9AM MST
The coronavirus outbreak continues to rapidly evolve and as the world anxiously awaits a vaccine to combat the SARS-CoV-2 virus, deliberate consideration of crucial factors is needed to launch a successful vaccination program aimed at expeditiously servicing the U.S. population.
In this webinar, you’ll hear from career officials and industry experts from CGI and Johns Hopkins University who will discuss crucial factors in the successful development, launch and distribution of a successful COVID-19 vaccination program. The discussion, brought to you and moderated by HIMSS, will feature Rehana Wolfe, Director and Consulting Expert with CGI, and Lois Privor-Dumm, Sr. Advisor, Policy, Advocacy & Communications Director, Adult Vaccines at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Together, Lois and Rehana will engage in a lively discussion aimed at creating awareness of the complexity, opportunities and challenges in vaccinating the US population during a pandemic.
- The underlying differences in routine versus pandemic immunization
- A detailed understanding of the health ecosystem, key players and factors crucial to the distribution and administration of a successful COVID-19 vaccine
- Public education – Crucial information the public needs given the possibility that more than one vaccine could potentially be approved for use
- Strategies for gaining public confidence and trust in vaccines
- How we can measure success in the COVID-19 immunization programs