Enhancing Patient Safety with Technology: From Infection Prevention to Patient ID
1PM PST / 2PM MST
Despite the many technological innovations in delivering healthcare, preventable adverse events (PAEs) remain a global challenge. In addition to viral epidemics, misused technology, healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) – largely through cross-contamination – and patient identification errors still play a big role in contributing to PAEs. HAIs alone cost the industry more than $45 billion a year in the U.S.
This webinar seeks to explore the issues associated with PAEs with an emphasis on providing realistic solutions. Especially during the current pandemic, healthcare organizations must reassure all patients that presenting to their facilities will help them recover, not get sicker.
In this webinar, learn how to:
- Understand the risks inherent in handheld and other technological devices
- Proactively help mitigate infection risks with key actions
- Be more empowered to serve as frontline change agents and advocates through the use of technology
- Overcome challenges to positive patient ID with industry solutions designed to improve patient safety
- Institutionalize aseptic best practices