Between Value-Driven Initiatives and Expanding Outpatient Services--Where Do Hospitals Fit in 21st Century US Health Care?
• Explore the growing trend of outpatient versus inpatient care and the impact this has on the traditional revenue cycle.
• Engage participants in an informal poll to ascertain what percentage of the group works in an inpatient versus outpatient setting.
- If the group is in-balanced with a dominant majority of the audience in one setting or the other then talking points will favor the considerations of that demographic; but remain engaging and meaningful to all.
• Highlight two case studies of successful revenue diversification.
• Poll the audience to learn their confidence-of-understanding of the strategic value of value-driven payment models.
• Close the session with an overview of the larger trend towards value-based reimbursements, population health as a normative care model, and the rapidly shifting revenue-landscape.
• Questions and Answers.